In the military, we had a way of describing a particularly inept trainee:
"Can't lead. Won't follow. Refuses to get out of the way."
Having shared that only tangentially relevant snippet with you, I'll get to the point (unusual for me - I usually ramble).
Squishiness Alert: I wasn't sure where I was going with this when I started. It has turned into something of a squish-fest. Walk away now and save yourself, dear loyal reader, if your gag reflex is twitching. Anyway, it is almost Valentines. :)
Follow me and I promise you that I ...
- ... will continue my contribution to us having the best sex either of us have ever experienced.
- ... will love you for who and what you are - I have no desire to change you.
- ... will lead you to places we both want to go, emotionally, physically and geographically.
- ... will ensure that we will discuss everything, I (will usually) decide.
- ... will nurture you. All of you. Including, in fact most especially, your inner slut.
- ... will do everything I can for you, for us.
- ... will tell you if I've screwed up, not try and hide it.
- ... will tell you if I think you've screwed up, and help you fix it.
- ... will always be there to hold your hand, be a shoulder to cry on, be a (metaphorical) punchbag for you to shout at the world when you need to.
- ... will cherish you always.
- ... will do all that I can to help you with achieving inner peace. Including putting your physical collar around your neck to remind you of, well, everything we are to each other.
- ... will give you a reality check when it's needed - as you will me.
- ... will always have your/our best interests at heart.
- ... will never make you doubt my love for you.
- ... we always put Us, and what we are together, first.
- ... will tell you "I love you." every day (err ... we both say it multiple times a day already).
- ... will not be even slightly offended when your promised response tomorrow is nowhere near as romantic - because we both know who the SoftCuddlyRomanticDom in this relationship is. :)
- ... will not remind you that I brought you a large bunch of assorted coloured tulips today when I read your response.
- ... will always say "and I love you" (not "but I love you")
Would I follow you? Yes. Even into hell (remember What Dreams May Come?).